Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hair change & reviews on red dyes

Hi everyone :D
In this previous post i lightened my hair in order to make a dramatic color change.
Well it turned out not so dramatic for the simple fact i already had a similar color in the past and it might have been even bolder. I promise I'll post pictures of it in the near future as I will post my timeline :)
So anyway on to the results:
So here it is! Do you like it?? I think it looks awesome!!
I loooove the color it's bold but deep not cheap looking.. And it's soooo shiny...

Me and Gracie followed a difficult procedure though and we used two different red dyes to achieve this.
Both permanent.

1)Sicura proffesional in extra red

Note that the sicura dye is a mix tone! I never knew it could be used straight on the hair without mixing it with the dye but it actually did. Well the only reason i bought this color was that the girl that suggested it to me told me that it would fade to a nice pink color. So i hope it does cause I'm hating the orange color so much!!! And it wasn't such a shiny color either... So i wouldn't recommend it...


2) Feria l'oreal in p67


My god i didn't know that such a dye existed. You have to put it on towel dried hair and it's so easy to put it on and has sooo much product. And the shade is amazing!
I only left it on for about 8 minutes and i have this shiny result! Sounds awesome right?? WRONG
After a little research online i found out that Feria is a metallic dye which in simple English means if you try mixing it with common dyes or if you try bleaching the hair you might end up burning your hair (or have no result). And I'm GLAD i only put it on for 8 minutes!!! DON'T BUY FERIA FROM L'OREAL. I know it's a beautiful color but it's just not worth it!!


OK so you can't tell from the picture but I've actually tried for a two-toned look
maybe the following picture will help you out
the one on the left is the feria dye and the one on the right is the result from the sicura dye


So i guess my hair job kinda fail while managing to look cute in the same time hahahaha
sounds weird right??

Next time I'll be even more careful about the products i use in my hair. And that's the last product I'll buy from that stupid brand l'oreal. I think you all know that they keep testing on animals and all that right? yep
Burn in hell l'oreal!


So anyway back to my hair!

I wanted a two toned look. Half head of a bright shade of red and half head of a darker shade of red.
I'll use semi permanent dyes for this..

So what do you think??? Do you like the change?
Maybe I'll post a video or snap sots of the procedure..

Daphne


PS. I should definitely do a strand test next time i dye my hair......
Not sponsored review

43 comments:

  1. I love it! The red suits you :)
    xx

    www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks like great, like a fire ball of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahhaah thank you so much!, I'll change it a bit thought in about a month? hope it will look good as well :)

      Delete
  3. love the hair - the colour is fantastic

    http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful hair!!!amazing blog!!!i'm following you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love your new hair! I can never get mine to be this red! And thanks for the tip about the Lóreal product!

    Also thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I agree with you Dior needs to find a better replacement or better yer rehire Galliano :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For bright red hair you are better off with hicolor (l'oreal again). In red or magenta. It's the easiest way to become a redhead and there are billions of youtube tutorials on this product. I used it before but this time i wanted a defferent shade :)

      and thank you so much for your nice comment!

      Delete
  6. i think i like the feria tone on you, it looks shiny yes! ♥ HIM and HER Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! But please don't use feria. As i said, i found out that it's a metallic dye.. sadly...

      Delete
  7. Hey thanks for commenting!! I love your blog and also how you designed it! This color looks great on you! You deserve a new follower :))
    xx Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  8. the red really suits you! it looks amazing!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! Cheers me up everytime i look at it as well haha

      Delete
  9. I am a bit biased towards red hair but I think this looks great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair--and wish I could do something dramatic without getting in trouble at work. Until then, I'll just live vicariously through you! :) Thanks for stopping by Trusty Chucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely on you...red is defo your thing!!

    http://thefashpress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the way it turned out! Adorable! I used to have a similar shade of hair, unfortunately the color fades REALLY quickly :( Cute blog, following you now!

    http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have beautiful hair. The color is definitely stunning.

    poseposhpost.blogspot.com
    Pose Posh Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your blog, thank you for your comment!:)

    kisses! I'm following you too:)


    http://paulacapel-rules.blogspot.com/
    http://paulacapel-rules.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very brave and turned out so cute! Only certain people can pull this color off and you did it!

    check out my new blog..

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Είναι υπέροχα και σου πηγαίνουν πολύ :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your hair color!! (:

    lepinkbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look amazing! your blog is gorgeous x

    luna
    lunaoffduty

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh i LOVE the bright red on you, you look super cute! thanks for your lovely comment btw, happy to have found your blog! :)

    www.phoandchips.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes it's me haha. Thank you so much!
    I really love your hair and your blog wow ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with everyone. Your hair looks great, what a fun color! I especially like the headband, it gives your hair just a little more sass:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh I love your hair! I think I should dye my hair later on holiday, so much fun! :D

    CROP.CRIP.CROP

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE IT!!
    the red looks great on you hun!!


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  24. u look beautiful!! =) super nice color

    ReplyDelete
  25. so amazing! great shade! you did it so right!
    i remember when i used to color my hair fun colors....
    now im just cousin it lolz
    love it

    <3m
    www.themavenpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for comment in my blog.
    Lovely hair

    And you have a new follower :)
    http://nomambojambo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this hair color looks amazing on you!!! So fun yet bold and pretty!!! :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. GORGEOUS red hair! I love it :)
    It turned out great in my opinion
    I've been thinking of going a reddish hue this summer...definitely inspired by your post to try it!

    http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, what a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's EXACTLY the colour I wanted in my hair! But in my hair it was more of a brownish red/cupper than actual red.
    It looks MARVELOUS on you! Be happy~x3 I'm really jealous haha.

    I really like your blog so I'll start following you now!

    ---
    Hello~
    www.tiesofaffection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that shade of red before, but it turns out it's actually easy to have bright red hair. My natural hair are brown. You should go for it!I think it would look awesome :)

      Delete
  31. the feria dye looks like the better colour on you.....so rich and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I had red highlights in my hair - mixed w/black and once mixed with black & brown. I bought red hair dye by SPLAT. It was super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Been dying to dye my hair red actually! WOW! Loving your blog so far! :)

    http://raviolee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I need to make some dye first before reaching this color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...