Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Guest Post- Lauren

Hello everyone :)
Today's post is created by Lauren!
The lovely blogger form A Lauren to Herself.
She's gonna talk about all her favorite products but that's enough from us.

Out with the Old and In with the New: Autumn/Winter Beauty Essentials

I love all things beauty,
 so when the lovely Gracie and Daphne invited me to share my essentials here on their blog I jumped at the chance.
 A fellow blogger at www.alaurentoherself.com and big fan of Bubble My Licorice, I’ve been looking forward to letting you all in on a few of my favourites. Thanks for having me, ladies!
Here in the UK, we’ve just about seen the last of the summer so it’s out with the old (my seasonal, summery favourites – sob!) and in with some exciting new essentials for autumn/winter.
During the warmer months, I’ve enjoyed using brights – the more shocking the colour, the better. I’ve dabbled in electric blue eyeliner for the waterline, fuchsia coloured lipsticks and bright pink blushes.
But as we head into the cooler period, I’ve toned down my stash and I’m getting ready to add some deeper, darker shades to my make-up bag.
Without further ado then, here’s a roundup of my autumn/winter essentials:

Eyes
For the eyes, I’ll be swapping my electric blue liner for a navy blue one by Boots’ brand Natural Collection. I find it’s not quite as severe as black and this particular pencil glides on nicely and stays put for hours.
I also love MUA’s Starry Night palette, featuring 12 stunning shades perfect for creating a smoky eye. These retail at less than £5 - a great way to update your make up bag on the cheap

Lips
I’m never without a red lippie in my make-up bag, but my autumn lipstick must-haves are that little bit darker in colour. I love Illamasqua’s Deeta Von Teese-esque pillar box red and this deep red (pictured above) from Miners Cosmetics. If you’d like to try red but don’t want to go all out, MAC’s Barcelona Red is a stunning muted take on the popular shade and ridiculously easy to wear – even in the daytime.

Nails
Now we’ve left the warmer days behind, I’m swapping my bright coral shaded for this dark grey/blue by Revlon. It’s called Blue Slate and it’s the perfect autumn/winter colour. What do you think?

Cheeks 
Out goes my trusty bright pink blush – Pixie Pink by Sleek – to make way for my favourite peachy/pink shades. I love MAC’s Fleur Power and Rimmel’s Autumn Catwalk for a hint of colour on the cheeks. Just because it’s no longer summer, doesn’t mean we have to stash away our subtle, barely there rosy colours for something darker. Fleur Power looks great on pale skin tones like mine, too!

Hair 
While we haven’t had much of a summer here in Britain, the small spot of sunshine we have been treated to here and there has wreaked havoc on my hair. It’s been straw-like, dry and full of tangles, which is where this new hair oil by Ojon comes in. I’ll be slathering this on the roots and tips for some much needed moisture. And how pretty does it look in the bottle, too!
Once again, a massive thank you to Gracie and Daphne for letting me take over their blog for the day. Hope you enjoyed by beauty-related musings!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for posting this, girls. Really enjoyed writing this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article. thanks
    hair loss treatment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...